This post was written by Lindy Shopper.
The trend of swing dance-focused shoe companies continues and no one has their pulse on the dance shoes of now like dancer/instructor/organizer Jenna Applegarth – in my next installment of shoes Jenna has recommended to me and others in the Women’s Swing Dance Shoe Hunt! Facebook group, we have SuAli Swing Shoes based in Italy and owned by swing dancers.
You’ll have to pardon my complete ignorance of the Italian language – I’m using Google to translate the SuAli Swing Shoes website, but this is what I can tell from the rough transation (and really, we mostly need photos of these lovely shoes AMIRITE?):
- Made in Italy
- Leather upper and sole
- There’s a fun photo gallery of people dancing in SuAli Swing Shoes
- The shoes are named for famous swing dancers and one shoe is named for Ella Fitzgerald (who is obviously more famous for her singing, but initially had showbiz aspirations as a dancer)
- Most shoes are available in more than one color
- Most shoes are women’s shoes (there is one men’s style available on the website, the Frankie)
- From their Facebook events page, it looks like they travel often to swing dance events within Italy
Anyone else with more information is free to share more in the comments section. Ciao!