This post was written by Lindy Shopper.
While we’re talking about skirts, I’d like to talk about Mod Cloth’s Bugle Joy Skirt, one of the great basics that ModCloth offers that I picked up for work, but then spotted on dancer friends as we all independently discovered the wonders of this skirt. Chicago dancer Lindsay Longstreth sported a plum Bugle Joy at the Knoxville Lindy Exchange and I spotted its signature shape and spin- she learned about the skirt from St. Louis dance instructor Jenny Shirar, who has one in olive. Within the month I spotted one on Philadelphia dancer Caitlin Farthing in the OcTieBer group. After such compelling evidence, it’s safe to say that the Bugle Joy skirt is a success amongst Lindy Hoppers.
Why is this skirt great? Here’s the rundown:
– A full skirt that is a nod to the New Look without being costumey
– It twirls nicely for a full skirt, without too much bloomer exposure
– The polyester fabric drapes nicely and is super durable
– It doubles for work-wear – in fact, I initially purchased one in red as a work skirt.
– It comes in some great basic colors and not-so-basic colors, like black, red, gray, rust, burgundy, olive, teal, and plum
– At $54.99 it’s not too hard on the wallet for a quality skirt
I hope ModCloth continues to carry this skirt or even expand its colors offered – what a great, versatile piece to add to your wardrobe!